Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yesterday was plain awful!

OH MY WORD! Can you say DISOBEDIENCE! Yesterday was one of those, "WHY DID I EVER THINK 3 KIDS WAS A GOOD IDEA?" kind of days. They were . . . sorry to say it. . .POOP-HEADS! All Lorén and Zach did yesterday was disobey. Lorén got her new Rapunzel doll taken away for a day and they both lost pool privileges for a week. This is on top of a few spanks and some sassy juice. Jax had a bad day too. He was grumpy from the word GO. I almost resigned as mom when Mike was an hour late getting home. But, the night ended well with lots of "I'm sorry"s and "I love you"s.

Lisa came over and we played our weekly So You Think You Can Dance Bingo. Yes, we are that type of dorks. On our bingo boards are all of the catch phrases for the series. Let's just say that I am the only bingo winner so far! The score is 1-0-0! Oh yes, we make Mike play much to his chagrin. We do let him put on his own phrases such as "Inexplicable Idiotic Crying." This appeases him slightly for me making him play a stupid game. . .well and the skittles I buy as bingo markers for him :)!!

So Lorén is having a hard "Sydney Day." Today she came down in tears telling me that "At Grandma Michigan's there is a sign saying 'Goodbye for now sweet Sydney'. I need my 'Sydney Doll'" For those of you who don't know, Lorén lost her cousin Sydney (6) about a month ago to complications of SMA. She LOVES Sydney with all of her 5 year old heart and really misses her. While she was in Michigan last, her Aunt Kami (Syd's mom) gave her a "Sydney Doll" to help her on days when she missed Sydney. Let's just say that Lorén has not let her "Sydney Doll" go today. We all miss our Sydney so much. I remember the first time I saw that angel baby. She looked like an Angel, literally. She was such a beautiful baby girl.

So as poopie as yesterday was, today has been great (despite Lorén's sad day)! Today I thought I would make a check-list of what we had to get done today. The kids really took to it! They had to make their bed, go to the library, practice the letter "C" and make strawberry shortcake. I just put clipart pictures next to a box. They got to check off each item as we completed it. I think that it has really helped the kids stay today. Plus, making strawberry shortcake was something great to hold over their heads today (hee hee hee!)

We did go to the library and we signed up for the summer reading program. While there, we got started. I ended up reading them 6 books. Barbie books should be outlawed by the way. At least it's reading. I can't wait till they are old enough for Harry Potter :)!






Belinda, Jonas and Hope and Caralee, Ian, Luke, and Lea came over to play for an hour. That was such a nice break in the day!

Since Jax is napping (See, much better day than yesterday) we are off to do our last item on our checklist: Make dessert for tonight! We are lucky and are having dinner with the Carter's tonight! Yipee!

Bet you wish you were here. . .all it needs is fresh strawberries and ice cream!!!

1 comment:

Amy @ FitMommas said...

I can't wait until my kids are ready to read Harry Potter, either! It's all Dora, Diego and Superhero books over here.

Sorry yesterday was so crappy. It happens. Unfortunately, it happens a lot!