Oh boy! The kids were so great yesterday that I thought it would be fun to go to the park. Thank goodness we did this at 9:00 am this morning. My logic was to "Beat the Heat" but it ended up being "Beat the Torrential Downpour"!
I thought it was so adorable at the Park. Loren gave up a lot of her play time to push Jax on the swing. Suddenly she has taken a real interest in him and is always talking "baby" to him and loving him. She's a great big sister! Zach on the other hand kept saying "Push me!" He told me not to push him like his grandmas because they do underdogs and fall on their "bootums" (Loren's baby word for bottom).
They were such huge helps in the store too! We have had trouble with them running off and doing whatever they like in the store. I finally figured out a method to keep them more "in check" at the store. They have to have a hand on the cart. If they do, they get to take turns grabbing items for mommy and putting it in the cart. I have no idea what the reward is in that, but for some reason, it works!! They love it. Plus, if they are good, I always take them to see the fish. Today's Fishy visit was a bit. . gross!!! There was a dead fish and the others were eating it. Gag. Zach says, "Mom why are the not dead fish eating the dead fish?" I told him it was because animals are gross. He said, "Well dogs aren't gross." I quickly replied without thinking, "Yes they are, they eat their own poop which is why we will NEVER have one!" DOH! Filter mommy, filter! So I had to listen to "Dogs eat their poop " the rest of the way through Walmart. I finally had to say, "Mommy's sorry, potty talk needs to stay in the potty. Let's not talk about poop any more."
So as I pulled in, the rain started. I heard a loud BANG and looked in our front yard and found our trashcan had hit our porch. Man, this weather is getting expensive! Well, I'm off to make lunch for the kiddos! They are watching Flinstones which is why lunch is Fruity Pebbles. Easy on mommy!

Before I jet out, if you need a cute blog for Mommies and Fitness, check out my friend Amy's blog http://fitmommas.wordpress.com. She's very witty and offers practical advice and encouragement! For example, her Reason to Work out yesterday was "Because even JLo got some of the junk outta her trunk." Classic, right!
No comments:
Post a Comment