I'll tell a funny Jax story. Yesterday I get home from Once Upon a Child with Jax and I smell poo. So I go to change his diaper and as I lay him down, I notice poo all down the side of his leg. Gross. I clean him up and I still smell poo. Then I start feeling wet on my side. I look at the side of my shirt and I'm covered in POOP! He somehow pooed out of the side of his diaper and pooped on ME!! Oh the gags of motherhood!
So maybe I can get some advice on Lorén. Yesterday we had a play day with the Keens at the park. There were a ton of boys there. She wanted to play with them so badly. They were not being bullies, but they were playing like boys. You know, power rangers vs barbies. So she kept getting her feelings hurt when they would, "Hey, you get out of here (playing)." and when they would chase her she would turn around and push them to the ground because they were trying to "fight her." So what do I do? How do you explain the difference between the way boys play and the way girls play? AND that even though boys play rough, she can't lay her hands on them in anger. She didn't get why I was upset at her for pushing them (when she did it in anger) vs them tagging her in play. Ps, Zach thought it was great fun to pester the snot out of his sister!
Well, here's a picture of what I saw in my rear-view mirror yesterday as I drove home. It's the belt off of her super hero dress up costume. Why is it in the car??? Dunno. I guess she survived despite being "fighted." :)


This is the new teether I got for Jax. Lorén and Zach had one exactly the same except it had a star on the top. Both of them chewed a hole right through it. These kids love this teether. It vibrates as they chew it. Keep your comments to yourself :)
1 comment:
We have the same boy/girl problem around here. I don't know if there is a right answer, but we tell all the kids that if they play a rough game, they have to be prepared to get bumped around a little. We also tell them that the other person has to agree to play the game first. (As in, you can't tackle your sister out of nowhere and then claim to be playing football.) If they decide they don't want to play anymore because it gets too rough, they have to politely tell the others that they are finished. It's the same rules for the boys and for Madelyn, but it helps to keep Madelyn from getting trampled.
Post a Comment