This past weekend Sheri dragged me to see Soul Surfer. All I knew about the movie was that a girl got her arm bit off by a shark. I actually didn't really want to see that part. Gag. Little did I know I would walk away with such a life lesson. Dang it, we are not to learn things from teenagers :)! What I took away was not the cliche Philippians 4:13 or Jeremiah 29:11 (yes, great verses but SHUT UP while you are going through pain). What I got was that the dr. said, "Not now." and the minute he said, "Yes," she was ready. So my dr said, "Not now." My perspective has changed in this: The minute he says "go" I'm going to be ready. It won't be square 1 that I start from. I will be ready the very day he says yes.
So what does that mean? I got my butt up at 5:00 am, strapped on my dust-covered body bugg, my worn out running shoes and I went for a walk! I made it 1.6 miles. That's a huge accomplishment for me!! I actually walked it well.
I need a bit of encouragement! Please ask me if I'm wearing my body bugg. Rejoice with me and congratulate me when I only walk 2 miles as if I ran 6 (cuz I can guarantee it felt like I ran 6!) Also, remind me that this is my stepping stone to where I want to be. It's not failure or half-heartedness, it's just a blip in the journey.
Hey maybe next year or the next, this will be me again:
No comments:
Post a Comment