Tuesday, June 07, 2011

God is Great, beer is good and people are crazy!



Perhaps it would have been more appropriate to label this post: What the Hell Happened? In summary: It's not been our year.

For the last 5 months we have done nothing but be in and out of hospitals. First was a joyous occasion when we had our 3rd child, Jackson Clark. But after that, it all went to . . .well you get it! Jax got RSV at 2 months and was hospitalized for 1 week, Mike had surgery, I had surgery which resulted in a blood clot in my leg. The blood clot broke loose and went to my lung. After that, I had an Inferior Vena Cava filter placed to catch any more rogue clot breakages. But right after that surgery I collapsed in our garage and had an ambulance called. Somehow, I got a bad IV placed in the field and developed Phlebitis and Cellulitis in my arm and was hospitalized again for a week. You know there are warnings all over surgeries about "Blood Clot this and that" but honestly, it's supposed to happen to everyone else, right?

So, God is great. . .he brought me safely though these past hellish months. . .Beer is good . . . I'm going to miss it as I can never drink alcohol again as I will be on coumadin "Old People Medicine" for life. . .People are crazy! Or people have been amazing. From Mom Rozema keeping my kids the last 2 weeks (until in theory the clot in my lung dissolves), to Bernadette cleaning my house, to Kris, Belinda, Sheri, Lisa, Cyndi helping me watch my kids. For mom taking off work to help with the kids. All of the meals provided and gift certificates given. And of course, to my husband who stayed by me even in these dark times. Who held me instead of walking away in fear. I am blessed. . .I might even be able to give up beer for all of these blessings :)!

So besides healing the last week I had to buy a new wardrobe! Lets face it, when you go down 4 sizes in the chest, nothing quite fits any more. In fact, as I put on my clothes from 2 years ago (last year I was in maternity clothes), my chest actually hung out of the top because I am that much smaller! It made for a good laugh between Mike and I!!! So, I've been building up my lung strength going SHOPPING! I now have a new wardrobe of tops and it's awesome!

However, don't let anyone you don't know give you a haircut! I resemble an upside down blonde bowl! Sigh. :)

While gone, Jax has been busy too! Apparently in the last week he has learned how to roll to his desired location (why crawl when you can barrel roll!) and he's gone from a laying to a sitting position. My only question is: What is in that Michigan Water? I sure miss the kiddos and look forward to them getting back this Thursday.

So, if you are able, get up and go for a run because some of us can't and would give anything to do so. . .drink a beer and savor it. . .and hug all of your friends and family!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh Kimber. Thanks for an update on life. I'm glad you're on the mend and that the doctors figured out what to do to take care of the problems you were having. Cellulitis is SCARY business...I've had it 6-7 times since I went to Honduras the fist time in 2001. Now I know the warning signs that it's coming on and can get to the doctor before it gets too bad. Hope you never have to deal with it again!! Can't wait to see you again...we'll have to plan a trip (either you up here or us down there) for later in the summer. Love ya.

DeMaster Family said...

Thanks for the update. You know how to take a licking and keep on ticking, with humor too. So do you have mosquito bites now? ;)

Janna said...

So nice to hear an update, but so sorry to hear about all the craziness your family is going through. So thankful for Faith during those times--and especially for your wonderful husband!