Wednesday, June 08, 2011

I walk the line

Guess who is coming home tomorrow!!!!







I'm finding more and more how hard it is to walk that line of "recover" vs "doing too much." In my mind, I should be able to go out and go for a little 6 mile run and be great. Yet, walking the mile to our local library knocks me flat on my butt for the rest of the day. It stinks. I mean honestly, how am I to loose my Jackson weight if I can't work out! Yes, yes, eat better. . .OH WAIT! I can't have anything riddled with vitamin K. . .like lettuce, broccoli, blueberries, zucchini. . .you know healthy stuff.

Hey, you know what I CAN have? Coffee! Thank goodness that coffee is on my Okey-dokey list :)!

So anyway, back to the whole walk the line bit. My schedule last year (even tho I was pregnant) had me cleaning my house every day, going for a run, taking the kids to an event (swimming, park, etc), making dinner, folding and putting away laundry. This year, I think I'm going to have to pick 1 or 2 of those things to do per day. It's like a whole new mindset. At least I have a kind and compassionate husband who has always said, "You are a stay-at-home MOM first and foremost. If the other stuff gets done, it's icing on the cake." That alleviates so much pressure. It does make me worry that I will be a boring mom. A "my mom was always sick" mom. I mean if I push it too hard, I'm going to land myself back in the hospital. . .but I don't want them to suffer in their childhood because I've got "dead leg" :)!

Well, I'm off to water my "garden." Hey, I settled for a deck garden to keep the Cat-sized-bunnies out! It works so far!

No comments: