Saturday, September 15, 2007

For Kathryn and Sheri

Oh be jealous girls. . .I ate lunch at Cafe Manhattan today!!! We were out at Forest Park for the Balloon Race and I just HAD to have a Cafe Manhattan salad since we were out there! Talk about YUM-O.

The other day I ran into MCR! She looks fantastic! She has been bumped up to 4th grade! That's amazing to me! I guess Patty Fellows is teaching 2nd. Not too many other people are still there.

So here's the newest gossip. . .the enrollment is finally up! MCR said that the problem is that enrollment goes up, but the building cannot accommodate the growing numbers so parents start pulling their children and then enrollment falls. So I guess Central Pres is thinking about helping to buy a new building. I just got a newsletter from WCA saying that they are buying Centreat from Central. . .all 30 acres for sports fields for the new middle-school. MY question is: Why didn't Central Pres give the land to Central School and build a new site out there? I mean . . .no it's not in Clayton but don't you think something drastic needs to happen before the building falls down around them! I just couldn't fathom the reason behind selling Centreat and not giving them a new school building.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

Keith and Kathryn said...

PPPPTH to you on the salad. I hope you at least thought of us the whole time! :)

How fun to get an update. I'm glad that MCR (gotta get the order right since my little girl was obviously named after her...haha) is doing well in fourth grade. I'm sure she needed a change. I hope they get a new building soon. There are so many families that would take one look at the building and not even consider sending their kids there. When you can compare it to the other Christian schools in town, why would you go for the one with the falling apart building and the parking lot playground? I'll have to hop over to the website to see who else is still around.

Rozema Family said...

Fixed just for you Kaki :)

I would seriously walk in and think "under-privileged = understaffed = technologically inferior etc." If this school wants to survive another 10 years, it really needs to move! To be in the same building with no renovations since I went to school there in 1980's . . . well. . .it doesn't bode well. Especially since, as you said, there are other Christian schools that are much nicer. This is despite the fact that the school has come such a long ways since you left! Outward appearance means a lot!

Ferris Family said...

There are much nicer schools in the same conference!! Heck, I live minutes from one of the "sister" schools. I'm so glad CMR is doing well.