Thursday, September 13, 2007

HELP KIMBER OUT!

Okay, so in light of the fact that I ended up in the ER and could theoretically have a kid any time in the next 6 weeks (watch him/her be late :) ), I have decided to go ahead and pack the Hospital bag.

Help me remember what to put in it. What was one thing you couldn't live without in the hospital? Is there anything you forgot or wish you had taken? What are some "Don't forget. . ." for the baby?

There, that is my task to my friends out there!

9 comments:

Keith and Kathryn said...

I think I saved my list on the computer. I'll try to find it and email it to you. My big thing was a hair dryer and makeup. I felt so much better the next day if I could look like a human being and not a sleep-deprived new mom. Plus, it helped me not want to hide my new baby pictures in a drawer!

Beth said...

I wished I had grabbed my slippers. I was glad to have my own robe. I didn't bother w/ my pjs--I just used the hospital gown. Don't forget your "who to call list and phone numbers." Oh, I know--good snacks! Glad you and that little peanut are okay. That's a bit scary!

Erin said...

Not a mom, but have been in a bajillion hospital rooms with new moms. Take something for Loren to do or a new toy from her brother/sister.

And take something you enjoy. A movie (if your hospital has a vcr in the room), a book of crosswords, a trashy mag, whatever.

And a toothbrush.
Because bad breath is gross! :)

Keith and Kathryn said...

I thought of something else. Lotion, chapstick, gum, etc...hospital air is always so dry! I second the slipper idea! After being in the hospital for six weeks, I can assure you that the floors are not all that clean and who wants to put on real shoes to hobble to the bathroom after giving birth?

Jonathon and Katie said...

I brought my own sanitary napkins, because the hospital ones may make you bow-legged.

Also, remember your body wash, shampoo and conditioner, because, again, the hospital only has one soap to do all (usually).

Maybe get some take-out menus from area restaurants, so you can enjoy real food.

Ummm....If I think of more, I'll write again.

Rozema Family said...

Thanks everyone! So helpful so far! Everything listed is soething I already forgot and it brings up other ideas! Keep them Coming please!!!

Janna said...

I made sure to bring a nice piece of white paper to have the nurse put the footprints on. Then I cut it out to put it into the baby book. I did this in case the footprints were smudged so the nurse could do it over. Could be a bit of the OCD in me, but I didn't want to have big smudge marks instead of footprints in the baby book!

That's all for now! :)
For me, it was nice to have a nice pj top to wear. It just made me feel better to have something nice to wear instead of being in the gown all the time. I of course changed into the gown the minute visiting hours were over! :)

If you're going to nurse, bring the brand of nursing pads that you prefer. Don't forget your nursing bra. :)

I'd also include on your sheet of phone numbers the number for your pediatrician and your insurance company phone numbers. We ended up needing these when I had Micah and it was a pain to have to dig for them.

Prepaid phone card for long distance phone calls with the big news.

Ferris Family said...

Toys for Loren!!! Ones she's never seen. It will save you from her jumping all over you, playing with the million buttons on the bed, and being bored. Also, don't forget pens and paper, I was always scrambling for things to write with and write on.

DeMaster Family said...

Most of my ideas have been put out there. The hairdryer, toys for Loren, hand sanitizer for when people want to hold the baby, snacks for you and Mike, a comfortable outfit to wear when people visit.