Last night Mike and I had over 8 ADULTS! It was so much fun! We had a game night. These were friends from work and Sheri and Travis. Sher and Trav came over about 7:00 and let the boys run around with Loren upstairs. The kids just had a blast. Coop walked in the door, grabbed Loren's hand and drug her upstairs, "Loren, it's time to play." They ran from our bedroom, down the hall, and back again. The highlight of their evening was jumping on our bed all night! Yes, Loren did fall off and get a black eye. . .are we surprised? No! Maddox just crawled after them, unraveled both bathroom's toilet paper and generally had a good time!
Us adults ate Manicotti, Cesar salad, and garlic bread. We yacked it up on the FINE CHINA (corell) in the living room! We really had a great time and laughed the whole night long. At about 8:30 Mike cleaned up the food and I went upstairs and put Loren to bed. It was so cute! She was crying "NO NO NO NO" the whole way to her room. . .however, she was dragging me and just sobbing to get into bed! She played so hard! Cooper came in her room while I was putting her down and said, "I just wanted to tell Loren good-night." Ohhhhhh!!!!
Now the kids are down and the games begin! The boys went in the breakfast room and played Tigris and Euphrates while us girls played Settlers of Catan in the living room. Let's just say that our first game of Settlers was the worst Settlers game I have ever played. We counted and in that game I collected cards 14 times. LITERALLY. I built 4 roads and 2 settlements. How with only 14 cards you ask? The girls were giving me CHARITY cards! :) It was comical! The second game I was 1 point away from winning when Sneaky Sharron laid a Victory Point Development card. We really had such a great time! We pulled out the Chocolate cupcakes with cherries and gooey butter cake with drunken berries. HOLY MOLY! We were full, laughing our heads off, and truly enjoying each other! I could tell the boys were having a great time. They broke out into spontaneous fits of laughter as well! It was great! We are planning another night in Oct. before baby is born.
Anyway, I was asked for my Manicotti Recipe. It truly rocks everyone's socks!
Manicotti
1 pound ground turkey
¼ cup diced onion
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
½ cup cottage cheese
2 garlic cloves pressed
½ cup Parmesan cheese
10 leaves fresh Basil
12 Manicotti noodles
1 can Hunt’s Garlic and Herb Spaghetti Sauce
1 can petite diced tomatoes drained
1 can sliced mushrooms drained
10 more Basil leaves
1-3 pinches Red pepper flakes – if you can stand the heat!
Mozzarella
Aziago Cheese
Parmesan cheese
Mix turkey, onion, eggs, cottage cheese, basil, ½ cup Parmesan and garlic. Stuff into uncooked noodles. Place in a 9 X 13 baking dish. Cover with spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms, basil and Red Pepper flakes (optional). Cover pan with foil. Bake 50 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with cheeses. Return and bake uncovered 10 minutes longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment