Wednesday, September 05, 2007

For the Moms. . .

I was reading Stacy-poo's comment about the multitasking we do. I began to wonder, where does the time go when we are watching our children. I am looking at my "list" of things to do today and I realized that I got 2 things done 1) Went to library 2) scrubbed downstairs bathroom. I didn't get the front room picked up, the entryway swept and mopped, kitchen swept and mopped, laundry folded, bed made, or tub scrubbed. How was my house and life not in perfect order when I didn't have kids?

Here's my question. If you were given a day to yourself, what would you do. Keep in mind these parameters:
1) The house is already clean, laundry is folded, and put away.
2) You are as skinny as you were the day you were married so dieting is not in the cards
3) You are not breast-feeding (or TTC). You can drink anything you want.
4) Finally, you are promised that Aunt Flo will be NO WHERE NEAR your house on that day!

What would you do? What would your dream day look like?

6 comments:

Keith and Kathryn said...

My head is about to explode with the possibilities! I don't even know where to begin. I'm going to add a fourth assumption that I'm well rested so that I don't have to go with my first answer, which is to sleep all day long. I think I would want to go to one of those rediculously expensive beach resorts where I can be served daquiris and pina coladas by the shore...probably work in some massages, facials, and general pampering. Then I'd want to magically poof myself home where I can snuggle with my kiddos before putting them to bed without so much as a peep of disapproval from them. Ahhh...thank you for that moment of fantasy. Now I must go put some toddlers back in bed...again.

Ferris Family said...

Wow, the endless possibilities. I would start with a day of pampering, mani/pedi, facial, body massage. I would then pick up the phone for a dinner of combo lo mein and crab rangoon, followed by a bottle of wine. I would cap the evening off with a book in the tub and major snuggles from the dogs.

Megan Morgan said...

I love it! I noticed no one has mentioned having a nice romantic evening with the hubby followed by passionate sex. Yeah, who needs that? LOL

I'd go for a day at the spa and a fabulous dinner with a few drinks on the side. Awww....

Jonathon and Katie said...

I would definitely do the spa/pampering thing. But I would love to spend the day with my family. But, I would bring a babysitter to do the diapers, feeding and chasing around, while my husband and I could have a real, uninterrupted conversation.

DeMaster Family said...

I like the all inclusive resort idea with lots of pina coladas and decadent desserts. I would spend my time with the hubby water-skiing, boating and then reading a good book for as long as I wanted! I could think of more, but those are the highlights!

Janna said...

I'm trying to wrap my brain around the clean laundry that's put away. Don't know if that happens to people that are real. :) Here goes my day:

Definitely spend the day at a spa, my husband could even come along for a couples massage, hot tub soak, whatever. However, he will be aware that I will spend the day reading as many books as I can. One of my favorite authors, Karen Kingsbury, will have written a book just for me that will be available on that day. When I'm done crying through that, I will laugh my way through a Janet Evanovich book. All of the reading will be accompanied by nonstop fuzzy navels, daiquiris, and margaritas (pretty much anything fruity). However, they will not make me totally plastered because I want to be able to read my books. :) Then I'd hang out with my kids and play fun things without any whining, crying, or dirty diapers. I would then go out to dinner with just my husband to a nice restaurant and talk. Then everyone will go to bed and I'll sleep all night.