Saturday, September 01, 2007

Chicken Pox?????

What else can it be? Loren broke out in bumps everywhere on Friday! She has spots all over her diaper region that spread down her legs and on the soles of her feet, up her back, on her cheeks and arms. These are random bumps, no concentration of them. It looks just like someone took a red marker and dotted her body with them. Some are getting what looks like white heads. Poor girl spiked a fever at 8:00. It was 100 degrees.

Now before you ask, YES, she has had the vaccine. What the heck-a-doodle. . .

If she still has the bumps on Monday we are going to the Pediatrician. My mom has peeked at the bumps and Bon said that it sure looks and sounds JUST like Chicken Pox. Well, sun of a gun!

So we have taken "soda baths," and are doing Tylenol. She seems happy and not in any pain. She just is kind of cranky. Like if something isn't going her way it is the END OF THE WORLD. The odd thing is that the bumps look worse some times than others.

If anyone has any enlightenment I would sure appreciate it!! Also, I could use some encouragement because I feel like it's all my fault. . . :(

7 comments:

Keith and Kathryn said...

I have no idea what it could be, but it is NOT your fault! Could it be an allergy? If it is chicken pox, it's not the end of the world. Just think, everyone in our generation got them. Hey, my mom even exposed me on purpose so that I would get them early. It may not be a fun week, but she'll turn out fine!

Suzanne said...

Hey Kimber! My mom, the ex-paramedic says if she doesn't have little blistery looking rash, that it's probably not chicken pox. My sister who nannies for a couple of families suggested trying to give her benadryl to see if its an allergic reaction to something...

Sorry, that's the best I can do...hope she feels better soon!!

DeMaster Family said...

Why would it be your fault? I blame your reasoning on pregnancy hormones.:) No wisdom from here. Hope she gets better soon!

Janna said...

One of the hardest parts about parenting is not being able to control everything (or sometimes anything) in your child's life. I think illness can be so hard since you feel so bad for them and everything you do doesn't necessarily help them feel better! Anyway, all that to say it's not your fault that she's sick, nor can credit be given when she's better. It will run it's course and hopefully everyone will be able to take naps while she's sick.

As far as what it is...no idea from this peanut gallery. I just hope she's better soon!

Ferris Family said...

I want pictures of the Pox Princess. Good news, you got it all over with while she's young and has no memory of calamine lotion or oatmeal baths. I think I am forever scared with memories of the pink cream and the oatmeal.

Rozema Family said...

Thanks guys! I'm 80% sure that it was a mild form of Chicken Pox. Poor thing! She had little blister-like dots that have begun to scab over. She spiked a fever every night and was worse at 72 hours after the initial dots started showing.

I know it's not my fault really but GRRRR. . .you know you just want to protect them from everything. . .including dumb viruses that you THOUGHT you had protected them against!

Beth said...

At least it was a mild form. It can be really nasty. Glad she seems to be feeling better.