Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

This weekend started out on a sour note! On Friday we were certain that the flu had once again returned to our house! It was awful! Loren had a fever and I was feeling a bit under-the-weather.
Anyway, Saturday was a bit more promising. Aunt Kelly, Unc Josh and Aunt Mina showed up around 12:00. Loren was never more excited to be the center of attention! Grandma, Granddad and Unc Kris came over and we had a big BBQ. It was so much fun. Granddad gave Loren a golf set. If I can ever figure out how to download video, I will show you all Granddad giving her a first Golfing Lesson. Anyway, as I said, Loren was so happy to be the center of attention. Aunt Kelly (aka Aunt Elmo) and Unc Josh brought us a couple of books. They look awesome! I can't wait to read it. Aunt Minda, Unc Josh, Mike and I ended up playing a 4 hour game of Settlers that night before bed. Aunt Elmo went to a Cardinals game with one of her friends who lives in St. Louis. Lucky girl :)!

Sunday we ended up sleeping in. It was awesome! We were excited to take Aunt Elmo and Unc Josh to our Church. After church we ended up going to the park. It was a great time! Here is our walk to the park. It is such a gorgeous walk.


Here are a few pictures of us at the park.

Please notice the sky in this picture. We decided it was TIME to go home.

We didn't make it! On Monday Aunt Elmo and Unc Josh left bright and early for MI. We really had a great time with them. Loren really enjoyed all the extra love and attention she got from them. We left right after they did for Grant's Farm.
On our way!

Kisses for Mommy
Loren enjoyed the train ride. She got to see buffalo, deer, ducks, geese, swans, horses and elk. She got so excited! She called the buffalo "Elepunts", the deer "Neigh's", the geese, swans, and ostrich "Ducks", and the horses and elk were "neighs". It was adorable!
At the entrance to Grant's Farm.
Petting the *&^% goats. I hate those things. They kept eating our clothes.
Or eat hair
Or eat Melinda's boob.
Here are just some other pictures of our trip


The end to our very long weekend!

2 comments:

Keith and Kathryn said...

Um, are you sure you're not due until the fall?? ;) (By the way, you're pretty much the only person on earth that I would have the guts to say that to. It helps that you're too far away to throw anything at me!!)

Rozema Family said...

I KNOW! I ALREADY LOOK LIKE I'M READY TO POP RIGHT! It's amazing!