Sunday, May 20, 2007

Up to date!

It's been an absolutely crazy couple of months! We've been so blessed in many MANY ways! We've been incredibly busy with life! Here's a small recap

Rozema Family -

We have finally moved into our new home! We adore it! It was worth the heart-ache and the wait! We are now just trying to find a home for all of our old junk. Mike keeps bugging me that I'm a "pack-rat." Little does he know that he is just as bad! It's definitely overwhelming at times but having all of the extra space is amazing! I think what we love most about our new home is the location. We are less than a mile from the RecPlex and less than a 1/4 mile from the walking/biking trail. Mike, Loren and I explored the trail a bit this morning before church. About a 1/2 mile down the trail is an amazing little park for Loren to play. It has a soccer field, baseball diamond, huge climbing gym, and swings. It has a pavilion as well for picnics, parties, etc. We also are about 3 miles from our new church, 3 miles from the mall, and less than 5 miles to all of our grocery stores. Best of all, there is a small Christian-run farmers market about 2 miles from the house. Mike and I go there daily for fresh produce.

We are currently 17 weeks pregnant. I can't believe it has gone by so quickly. I remember obsessing over every single passing week and moment with Loren. This time I feel like I have no time to think about the pregnancy! All I know is I'm getting BIGGER! I swear, I took the test and popped the next day! I love being pregnant! I've been feeling the munchkin now for 2 weeks on and off. Today he (yes, I really DO think it's a boy) was doing flip-flops in church and making me a bit queasy! We have appointments next week and then the week after that is our Ultra Sound. We are not finding out this time what the sex is. I'm of the opinion that I never had a sister so that would be really cool for Loren. On the flip side, I had an amazing relationship with my brother so a boy would be awesome too! Everyone I love keeps commenting that I will NEVER go through with it. That the US will come and I will have to know the gender. I guess it just makes me more determined to stick to my guns! I think Mike might actually pass out if I go through with it! I did end up in the ER with the flu the other day. The whole family was pretty sick so Mike called our OB and he said to take me in just to be sure I was getting enough fluids. Guess it's a good thing he did too because I ended up needing 3 bags! Eeeks! I felt bad because Mike was just as sick as I was but I was hooked up getting anti-nausea medicine and he was groaning in the hard plastic chairs next to me. . .Ohhh the perks of pregnancy :). They did blow a vein in my arm though. . .I've been walking around looking like an abuse victim for the last few days!

Miss Michelle
I can't believe how much this little one is growing up! She speaks so clearly now. For instance, today she was saying, "No Daddy, me pretty!" That was in reference to him not letting her into the restroom to play in the water. Mean daddy :)! She has 15 teeth now. 7 of them have come in in the last week. Poor girl! She keeps licking her poor gums. They are so swollen. Loren has also gone pee-pee in the potty now twice! What a good girl. It's funny because even when she doesn't do anything she will stand up and cheer for herself! She can count to 10 unassisted, count to 7 using 1-1 relationships, sing her ABC's, name/identify 20 animals and their sounds, do summer-saults, hang from bars, climb ladders, slide, and run. Everyone at her Little Gym says she's very athletic. Her favorite thing in the entire world is still books. Overall, she is a pretty smart little girl! Now if we can only give up the paci and her night-time bottle. . .oh well! In it's own time.

No comments: