So Loren went down for her afternoon nap today and I was faced with a tough dilemma: What should I do with the 2 hours I've been given? A number of things I need to get done and probably should get done crossed my mind. I could begin preparing dinner so I'm not overwhelmed at 5:00. I could get the guest room together for company this weekend. I could vacuum the (very scary) steps. Then there were a number of things I wanted to do. I wanted to take a nap. I wanted to read the People Magazine I bought 2 weeks ago. I wanted to read my new book from the library. I wanted to watch a movie I rented 2 days ago. Now, do you see my problem!?! I was torn between what I should do and what I wanted to do. So I compromised. I prepared dinner and I sat down to the first book I've been able to read in a year. I used to read a book a week in the pre-Loren era. Now-a-days I'm lucky to read a book every other month. So, are you interested to know what book I'm reading. Is it mind boggling? Is it a book giving me higher learning? Nah, it's SMUT! I checked out Nicholas Sparks Message in a Bottle. I figured I could read a smutty book before I delve again into the realm of Anatomy and Physiology.
So mommies, just out of curiosity, what do you do in the few spare minutes you get each day?
7 comments:
Spare minutes? What are those? Does peeing count as a spare time activity?
In my spare time I pee, load the dishwasher, and wash bottles. I can never do all 3 activities consecuitvely... It's always one or the other.
Spare time options at my house:
1. Blogging
2. 15-minute power nap during PBS show
3. Peeing by myself with the door closed and locked...why is this only a spare time activity for moms? :)
Unfortunately Ethan doesn't nap anymore, so creating spare time usually involves sticking him in front of the TV. :(
Hmmm, I take a power nap, check email and start dinner if I'm industrious. Of course, when he wakes up I wonder why I didn't get more done! And Message in a Bottle isn't smut. Not like a book read in college. What was it, pleasing a man or something?:) See you this weekend Kimberly?
Oh I tell you what, I love being able to pee, take a shower, do all of those personal things.
Stacy has it right. I do remember a book in college that caused quite a ruckus! Something about "101 ways"...
Yeah, let's just say I have the precious book y'all gave me for my personal shower. I can't get rid of it because I'm worried someone will see it in my trash and think I'm a perv :)
Post a Comment