It's been a long December! A better January start. . .but still LONG! I thought I would share some holiday pix as that's all I have energy for today!! They are in reverse order. . .sorry. . .again, I'm pooped!! I haven't even up-loaded the Christmas pictures yet! Sigh.
I adore this picture! Doesn't it look like "Screw this, shake yo' thang!"A quick update on the Jax-man -- he is talking more yet he prefers to scream and point. He says, "UP, More, Done, Bottle, mom and dad." Then he babbles to you thinking he is carrying on a conversation with you. It's precious! He took a nose-dive the first day of Christmas break and landed himself in the ER. Thankfully we were able to get that glued shut. It's on the mend but it left a nasty bump-scar. I hope the size of it goes down.
Zach is a pistol as always! My little love asked Jesus into his hear the first day of the new year. I thought he'd sprout a halo and angel wings. . .alas! He continues to struggle with being the Middle kid. He's never alone and "Just Zach" he's always Zach and Lorén or Zach and Jax. He is getting so big! His memory is amazing. He is able to recall things from when he was 1 year old! Don't tell Zach anything because he will remember. He's my little Bug who wants nothing more than to please you . . . all the while being the quintessential little/big-brother pest. I adore that monkey!
Lorén is a reader! That child is amazing! She is reading "American Girl Doll Books." She just finished Meet Kirsten. She is the most tender-hearted little girl ever! She sobbed buckets when she read that Kirsten's best friend died (in the book). I'm continuously amazed at her reading level! AT first I thought she was doing so well because of picture clues and repetition but as I see her read the Meet Kirsten book I'm floored! I'd be interested to know what Reading Recovery (or guided reading) level that book is at. She loves ballet and piano. I do not relate at all to her uber-girly-the-world-should-be-pink personality but I try to foster and encourage it. I just adore her!
Mike started a new rotation program at work! He's so excited about it but also nervous as it challenges him in a new field of engineering. He still plays volleyball every week and has started running (until he pulled his calf muscle - ouch!). I'm so proud of him and the way he provides for our family and the way he encourages us all to be better versions of ourselves!
Me - I'm a pooped mommy of 3 who has at least 4 loads of laundry to fold. I best get to it!
1 comment:
I love reading about your kids. They are so cute! I wish we lived close enough to get our crews together. How fun would that be?? Anyway...since you know I have a thing for guided reading, I thought I'd pass along that most of the AG "Meet ____" books are about a Q level (AR levels in the upper 3s/lower 4s). It probably makes me a reading teacher nerd to have my kids' books leveled, but now I can say it came in handy. :) If Loren is reading those well, she might also like the Magic Tree House series. I think Madelyn started reading those around the same time. In any case, yay for kids who love to read! :)
Post a Comment