Tuesday, January 24, 2012

100 Day Castles and Another Pinterest Experiment

My daughter had to make a 100 days of School project. She decided to make a castle out of sugar cubes with her daddy. Of course, Zach had to have one as well! They were the cutest little things!

First Lorén and Daddy had to plan out how the castle would look. Then Daddy let Lorén glue each sugar cube. I covered my eyes!
The foundation is laid!
Daddy glued while Zach placed cubes. Zach was more timid about the hot glue gun.
Zach's castle had over 100 cubes but his was only for fun!
Lorén's lovely castle!
Zach's Castle!
Of course, Lorén had to spray-paint hers pink!
Guess what color Zach had to paint his! BLUE!
Then Lorén commenced painting the box that her castle will sit into. She is such a little artist! I am proud of her idea and her efforts! Way to go Lorén! I will post a picture of her finished project in a few days!
Now, pinterest had me interested. I found a pin on how to clean your microwave (here). I was skeptical. I had just experienced a pasta explosion the night before. Apparently 30 seconds is not the same as 30 minutes. . .distractions galore over here. Well, the sauce was BAKED on and my tried-and-true Windex didn't work. So, I thought, "What the heck, let's give it a shot."

Microwave with Spaghetti explosion:

Vinegar in water - 5 minutes on high power
The rag. . .
The smell. . .!!!!

Viola! Ready to warm my coffee! It worked!

1 comment:

Keith and Kathryn said...

Just in case you have another microwave explosion, lemon juice and water works really well and smells way better. Not that I've ever been so distracted as to have something explode in my microwave...ahem...I've just heard that it works well. ;)