Thursday, October 19, 2006
Whoa there Walmart!
So today Loren and I went to Walmart to get some things. We stopped first at Babies R Us. I put L in her shopping cart cozy, got her buckled in, had her toys all attached and we wandered BRU. Well next I went to Walmart to get some things (right next door). Rather than take her out, carry her things to the next cart, and get her buckled back in (believe me, this is a process) I kept her in the BRU cart. The Walmart Greeter Person "patrolling" door turned me away saying that I was "not allowed to bring a different cart into Walmart." WHAT???? I asked him to repeat himself just to be sure that I had actually heard right. He said, "It is our policy that we do not allow carts from other stores into Walmart." I was so peeved and flabbergasted! I simply left with my jaw dragging on the ground. I got home and started thinking about it. I called that Walmart and asked them to send me a copy of this so-called-cart-policy IN WRITING. The manager couldn't find it. He was really apologetic and he said that it would never happen again. WOW! I sincerely couldn't believe it! Imagine, turning away a mother and her 11 month old baby and MAKING UP A POLICY just because I had a BRU cart instead of a Walmart cart. Amazing. What has happened to customer service? Why does it seem that so many people are on ridiculous power trips?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment