Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's planting time again!

I have to shamelessly admit that every year I'm extremely jealous of my Girlfriend's garden. I mean this chick has this amazing green thumb. Last year she had dill plants as tall as me! She's always saying, "I have so much ___________ and I don't know what to do with it!" Me on the other hand have a black thumb of death when it comes to plants and gardens. Not this year though. I'm bound and determined to have a good crop! So, I started my garden today with my herbs! I bought Basil, Greek Basil, Greek Oregano, Dill, Lemon Thyme, chives, Parsley and cilantro. Look how pretty they are on my deck!
Then I got my traditional Begonias to put in my flower box Bob made for me years ago. These flowers do AMAZING because I pretend I dont know they exist. I ignore them and WOW! :)


Then I transplanted this hosta from my side yard to under my deck stairs. It's an ugly muddy mess there and I am hoping that this hosta grows and fills out under there.
I even planted a few Begonias in Loren's play house. She'll be so excited!!!
Now I'm going to show you what I am good at growing: Weeds! Look at the size of that mother out there!

My husband accidentally shattered a Sliding glass door out there and I was vacuuming up the safety glass and noticed this weed. In fairness, I NEVER go over to that side of the house. I mean, HOLY WEED BATMAN! Between that weed and vacuuming grass, can you say BUMPKIN! Let's play "Who is more Hoosier than the Rozema's" Go!

No comments: