Monday, November 28, 2011

Elf on the Shelf - North Pole Breakfast

When I was a little girl, my daddy used to hide these UGLY little elves around the house. They were some German-pine-cones-turned-elf. He would hide them every Christmas around the house and Kristopher and I would have a fantastic time finding them. Well, fast-forward a few years and out comes The Elf on the Shelf Tradition. It couldn't be more perfect of a Christmas tradition for our family.
Last night Mike gave me the Quintessential Christmas night! First, he helped me set up our First North Pole Breakfast. Mike had a blast making the donut snowmen! Then he plugged in our Christmas tree, built me a fire and put in White Christmas. We snuggled and fell asleep downstairs watching one of my favorite movies. He is the BEST husband in the world!

We had the elf give the kids Manger Senes for their bedroom as a reminder that Although Santa and Elves are fun and important, Jesus and his birth are MOST important!
Each Child got a note from the Elf.

(yeah, at 12:00 am last night, I misspelled Family's . . .sigh. . .).
Zach "read" his note: "Dear Zach. You are a good boy and will always be on the nice list. I love you so much." Close son! Look at the concentration on his face as he "read" :)

We sat down to our North Pole Breakfast. They had the snowmen that Daddy made, Hot-Hot-Hot-Hot Chocolate and (to redeem my sugar-buzz breakfast) banannas. I love how Jax isn't even in his seat and he's shoving a doughnut in his mouth!

I read them the book (excuse my bed-head)

Then it was time to name the elf! Lorén wanted to name him "Miss Lorén."

Zach wanted to name him "Art"

And when I asked Jax what his name should be, he said, "NO!" Mike and I cried we laughed so hard!

So Mike combined all of the names and our Family's Elf name is Art Noel.

Can't wait to see what Daddy does with Art Noel tomorrow!!!!!

No comments: