Should I or shouldn't I????
So here's the scoop. I had a Mary Kay party here today. I had a blast! I LOVE Mary Kay. In fact, my friend Sheri politely calls me the Mary Kay Whore. Not nice but I love her anyway. Anyway, I ended up talking with my consultant afterwards about becoming a consultant. If you've ever been to any party you know the pitch. So I am trying to decide if this is something that I want to do. I mean should I consider this?
The only reason I'm considering it is that my friend Kathryn took the plunge and is starting her own Pampered Chef business (BTW Kaki, I need to get you my order). I'm just afraid that I'm not the Mary Kay "personality." I LOVE makeup and skin care but I'm not "FRU-FRU." I mean I'm a tomboy. I am giddy. . .I am. . .well you all know me. . .I'm just weird, odd, dorky. I don't know.
So here I'm at a cross-roads. The nice thing about the company is that they will buy back 90% of your product at the end of each year. So there is an "out." Hmmmmm
What do you think? HONESTLY!
5 comments:
I will email you more later...I promised to help Keith with something tonight and he needs the computer. I can give you the pros and cons that I came up with. Maybe that will help you decide. I'm not a huge fan of MK, just because I don't wear makeup but the fact that YOU love it will help you sell it. AND, I think the fact that you are not the typical MK lady will help you sell because let's face it...most of us aren't all that girly, we just like to pretend sometimes. :) I'm a terrible cook, but that's what makes me love selling PC. I can tell everyone how it saves me so much time and energy so that I don't have to spend all day cooking and can still put healthy, beautiful meals on the table for my family. Okay, Pastor McHotty is kicking me off now. I'll email you more later. :) If you don't hear from me, remind me. :)
Kimberly,
I love ya girl...I would vote no, and here's why. I tried something really similar to this last year (Homemade Gourmet) and what a hassle! Of course, my friend who does it signed me up b/c I got caught up in the hype of all of it, and thought, well, when I'm a mom, I could totally do this and make money. Let me tell you darling, the part that I hated. Selling it!!! I HATED having parties (and I love parties) because I always felt like people felt like they had to buy things from me (and I really did like the product). But it made me feel SO guilty to have my friends buy things from me, you know? It wasn't my personality at all...and I don't think that people who sell it are bad or naggy or anything, it's just who they are. So think about it for awhile first like you are, and don't make any rash decisions because you don't want to create anymore stress than you currently have..you are a busy girl! If you do it, though, good luck! I'm not a make-up person either, but I know MK is a good product and I do buy it every once in awhile :)
Go for it! If you think you would enjoy it, why not give it a try, you really aren't out anything if you don't like it. There is no requirement for overhead, it's nice to have product readily available, but it's not a must.
That is a tough decision. My main thought is do you feel like you have a big enough base of people to draw from? Like enough friends, acquaintences, family that would host parties? I also wouldn't want my friends to feel like they had to buy product from me. The biggest question is what kind of benefits would you and your family get out of you doing this? I imagine you would get pretty good discounts.:)
Hey.....I found your blog thru Beth's. I would normally just lurk here and there and read but when I saw your post I wanted to reply. Hope that is ok.
I am a MK rep. To be honest I did it b/c my friend need one more person so she could move up to the next position or something. The way I looked at is was that I could sell the contents of my kit, which I did, and made that amount of money back. So no money out of my pocket for the kit. I don't do any classes or things like that. I do have a small group that I sell to but not full price. I only order 2 or 4 times a year. I only wear the MK eyeliner and that's not all the time. LOL
The one suggestion that I would say is to NOT get caught up in the hype of having to buy one of everything. Please don't do that. It'll stress you out more then help you. People don't mind waiting for their products, I know b/c my customers/friends wait for their items.
If you ever have a question or want more info on what I've written, just email me. I didn't go into particulars here so just let me know.
Good Luck!
Post a Comment