Monday, April 07, 2008

I am finally getting everybody healthy here in our house! I wanted to update everyone from Easter to this point! :)
Easter Eve I decided that we would have multi-leveled Easter! I talked with Mike and we decided that if Loren found her Easter Basket first, she wouldn't want to hunt eggs. So we snuck into her and Zach's room and hid eggs after they were asleep. It was adorable the next morning when over the monitor we hear "Eggs! Eggs! Easter bunny left No-Ren some eggs!"

Good Morning to my Bunny!

On a hunt in her room!

And in "Zach-o-ree, Dac-0-ree, Dock's" room.

Zach actually found this egg on his own! He tried to eat it!

Hunting in the play room. I love how my son is just laying there watching his sister. He knows how to roll over, he just is super-lazy about it!

Look Ma, I can sit. . .well almost! He is getting good though! He will sit for a while until he gets distracted then thump!

The Easter Baskets! Zach had a sports filled one and Loren had a Strawberry Shortcake filled one! Seriously, thank goodness for Target's Dollar bin! They had strawberry shortcake socks, coloring books, hair clips, bows, headbands and candy! They also had Elmo and his gang sport's board books! I was able to fill their baskets from the dollar bin! I know my Dutch roommates would be proud of me!

Loren sees her basket! Look at that face!

Yeah, he tried to eat the piggy bank!

A Strawberry Shortcake Movie! Oh boy! I know what girls are into, what do boys watch? What is the big "Boy" thing these days?

Ready to go to Granddad's and Grandmas for Easter dinner!

Another Easter Egg hunt at Granddad's and Grandmas!

Of course Zach "found" a football egg. I'm surprised it wasn't marked "Bears"

The only source of joy on Mike's birthday! A double rainbow! Beautiful!

Loren and the neighborhood girls entertained Zach! I put him at the door so he could see them play in the front yard! He was still too sick to go outside. The girls were making him laugh so hard!

This was classic for today! Loren was watching Sesame Street while I did laundry in the other room. I heard Zach start to fuss! I heard Loren say to him, "I'm going to put you Nigh-night." So I had to go watch. She tucked him in with a blanket (to my "don't put it over his face, never over a baby's face"), she gave him HER BELOVED Bunny, gave him a paci and then said, "Zach, it's time for you to go Night night. Close your eyes." I swear, the child shut his eyes and zonked. Unreal! Now if I could get him to sleep through the night!


4 comments:

Janna said...

Loved the pictures and the update. Also, you are correct. This Dutch roommate is proud. I love dollar bins! Imagine this: me in a store with a 90% off clearance on dollar bin stuff (not a Target, unfortunately). I stood there in shock for a while and then proceeded to find good deals!

Ferris Family said...

The "boy" toys over here are balls, balls, balls (the ones you bounce, get your mind out of the gutter), G I Joe, Rescue Heroes, Planet Heroes, Justice League, and Transformers.
Maddox loves the Fisher Price Peek-a-Blocks! He will play with those for hrs.

Ben and Erin said...

So glad to see new pics. I was wondering where you've been. Easter looked fun. The kids look so cute as usual. :) What cuties! Glad you are all feeling better and looking forward to hearing more stories and seeing new pics on the blog. :)

The DeVries' said...

Sooo proud of you grasshopper. LOVE the dollar bins and stores. Cute pic of Loren! I love the way you call her No-ren...or should I say she calls herself that...but when you write it, I can just imagine it :)