Friday, February 01, 2008

Call in FEMA Part 2

So we had a very rough night last night. . .Zach was up until 3:00 a.m. He's pretty sick with a cold. Anyway, since I'm the stay at home mommy, I got the "pleasure" of being up with him all night! Anyway, I finally gave in and gave him a bottle at 3:00. He then slept until 8:00! I slept so hard that I didn't hear Lorén get up. When I finally woke up to Zach I went to go check on Lorén. This is what I found.

I asked her what she was doing. "Mommy, No-rén is watching snow with my Baby Dollar." It was so cute! So while I got Zach a new diaper Lorén came in my room with a surprise:

"Mommy, No-rén is ready to go play in the snow now." Oh really? What a nut! So anyway, I get my Bunny and Roo downstairs and am feeding them breakfast and in walks. . . .MIKE! He said, "I said 'screw it' I'm not going in to work!'" So as my jaw hits the ground he says, "Just kidding, I have a snow day from Boeing." A SNOW DAY FROM BOEING! He made it all the way out to Boeing and the guard told him that there was a snow day and he came all the way back home (a nice hour drive at 6:00 a.m!) After a nice breakfast of pancakes (made with banana puree and sweet potato puree) with snow on top (powdered sugar), I got Lorén ready to go outside.

I opened up the slider and let her play on the deck. Zach watched from the table! It was so cute, he kept talking to her and she would come check on him! Mike and I were able to get the kitchen cleaned without our "helper".


Anyway, I got something for Lorén. You know how you go to Good Will to drop stuff off and sometimes you end up walking out with more "junk" than what you dropped off? Well. . . .


Oh this thing is awful! It lights up and there are 3 princesses that appear in the mirrors. The magic wand opens these compartments where there is a tiarra, lipstick, perfume, nail polish and a powder puff. It talks to her saying, "You are so beautiful; Let's get ready for the royal ball; A little bit of powder to make you shimmer." Oh gag! She LOVES it! I just laughed! I got it because she is starting to lookin mirrors a lot and make faces and such. . .well now she is telling me she is a "pretty princess."

And here is what we've got done lately! Zach's room is finished!!!!!!!!!

And we were able to get my front closet organized FINALLY!!!

1 comment:

DeMaster Family said...

Zach's room looks great! And yea for the Dad getting a snow day! Aren't those little surprises the best?