We got 3 inches of snow and all of St. Louis is in an uproar! I went to the grocery store to get stuff for the best tomato soup ever and it was CRAZY! It rivaled the day before Thanksgiving! In every cart was milk, eggs, and bread. I was laughing hysterically! Don't they know that the weather is going to change tomorrow!
Anyway, in light of the nasty weather, I decided to post the BEST TOMATO SOUP RECIPE EVER!
Two 28 oz cans crushed Tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes in olive oil, basil and oregano
1 can low sodium chicken broth
1 bunch fresh basil
1/2 cup butter
Pinch Red Pepper Flakes (or more for spicier version)
1 tbs sugar (or splenda for a lighter version)
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream (or skim milk for lighter version)
Bring tomatoes, chicken broth, basil, butter, sugar, and red pepper flakes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Add heavy whipping cream and simmer 10 more minutes. Serve with crusted Baguette or grilled cheese.
2 comments:
Sounds yummy! I have another GREAT tomato soup recipe if you ever need a change. :)
This made me laugh so hard....I know exactly what you are saying. Also, don't people have enough milk, eggs, and bread for one day? Like you can't go out Saturday morning!? Haha!
Post a Comment