Well at least in my own mind! Isn't it amazing how you feel such a deep sense of accomplishment on days like today? It's currently 9:00 am and I have
1. Got a shower (no makeup, no hair dried, no hair straightened) but I am clean and have clean clothes on . . . well except for the spit-up
2. Made pancakes FROM SCRATCH! I used a recipe from the cookbook Bonnie gave me called Deceptively Delicious by Jerry Seinfelds Wife.
3. Unloaded and loaded the dishwasher
4. Made coffee
5. Updated the blog and facebook!
Amazing and yet so sad. Pre-kids, I would have had the house scrubbed from top to bottom and have had the laundry caught up. Ahhh well. . .little victories!
Also, my little Bunny is in training pants! She went potty in her big girl potty today! I am so proud of her! She did great! It was hilarious though, after she went I had to go sooooo bad. I did my business and Loren started jumping up and down and going, "Mommy, you did it!! I'm so proud of you!!" It was pretty funny!
Okay, well I guess time's up, Zachy is waking up. . .he's not being held you know so he needs to scream! Any ideas on how to get this sweetie to sleep without being held or swaddled?
Oh, and I'm still in a lot of pain. I feel like the muscles across my collar bones and across my shoulders and up the back of my neck have been ripped up and just won't heal. Makes it hard to be a mommy of a tot and infant at home alone. Please keep praying for my healing. I am just getting so frustrated at being less than 100%.
Bethie I love the cookbook!
Okay his whole potty training is driving me nuts!! Loren will sit on the potty and will sometimes go but she will not tell me when she has to go. Plus she would rather sit in her own pooer than bother to tell me she has to go. Ugh. Plus I have all the experts saying not to get frustrated. Well I'm such a control freak that I want to just have a firm word with her every time she has an accident. I know that will do nothing but I'm just frustrated by the process. Plus I refuse to let her run around buck naked and pee and poop on the floor nor do I want to put her in big girl undies and have her pee and poo in her pants 24/7 as I do NOT have time to do that much laundry. Maybe if she's not potty trained when Zachy is older I will do those two methods but . . .YUCK-O! GAG-O!
4 comments:
You go girl. I love those kinds of mornings. I'm very impressed w/ the pancakes. Do you like that cookbook? I've heard a little about it.
Hang in there! I'll be praying you heal fast.
I've heard some people try getting the kids on the potty every 1/2 hour or so until the kids get the hang of it... Don't have any personal experience, obviously, but maybe that could be helpful?
I love that cookbook, too! The Sneaky Chef is also good.
If you find the secret to potty training, pass it along. I'm starting to think that Andrew and Madelyn are going to walk down the aisle in diapers! It is SO frustrating!! I've tried it all and still...nothing. Ugh!
Wow, you actually got a shower?! I'm so jealous.
Post a Comment