Wow I have had nostalgia today. I was listening to my new iPod ( :) ) and I decided to put on DC Talk's Supernatural CD and I had this wave almost FLOOD of emotions come back! I just HAD to call Scuz (a college roommate) and reminisce about our road trip to St. Louis from Calvin to see Billy Graham and DC Talk. It was such a blast! Not to mention that Mike proposed to me using a few songs off of that CD.
Then I went to my Dad's basketball game. It was weird being back in a gym. I haven't been in a gym for over 5 years. The smell. . .the high-school kids and the obvious DRAMA that you could see, the boyfriend/girlfriend amore! Oh my!! Do I miss those days or not? It was odd because I kept seeing people that looked like high-school friends. A girl that I played basketball with and had been in school with since 5th grade, a guy I had a HUGE crush on, a girl who I did nothing but get into trouble with in study hall. . .it was amazing and such a huge time of remembering.
Then as the game started I just closed my eyes and could FEEL the basketball in my hands, feel the sweat, feel the floor-burns, the feel of a good shot leaving your fingertips. It made me want to don my uniform and jump into the game! (Then my mental image of a 3 month postpartum over-weight body in my high-school uniform had me laughing so hard I almost peed my pants. . .ahhhhh the loss of bladder control after two kids!!! What happens to the bladder after three? I digress. . .)
Needless to say I may have got a little too "testy" with the ref over this game. I was way too into the game.
Anyway, It was fun to walk down memory lane today. Now back to reality. . .laundry, mopping, diapers, picking up, bottles! I know some day I will look back on this day with as much fondness and remission as I did today. What a blessing!
1 comment:
Hey Kimber! It was great to talk to you for a sec...I have good memories of that trip. ;) I know that all the changes haven't been easy, but I'm glad that you're in a good place today with a wonderful husband and 2 great kids. :)
Post a Comment