Monday, January 21, 2008

Neurosurgeon Part 2

At this point he doesn't think my issues are neural. He thinks that I need 12 weeks of Physical Therapy. I am having trouble with muscle weakness. I can lift Zach to my shoulder, but no higher. I turned around in the van yesterday to give him his paci and literally could not rotate my arm/shoulder back around to the front. It was scary. Honestly, I really believe it's all muscular. Hopefully PT fixes this or he wants to have surgery to remove the herniated disk. I don't have time or energy for a surgery! Eee Gads!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're still so sore...

Remember when I dislocared my knee in college? Not my most graceful of moments. But, PT did wonders for me. I'm hopeful that it will
do the same for you!!

Suzanne said...

Um, 2 things...

1) Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure you weren't living with us yet when I dislocated my knee...but PT did help, really it did...

2) I didn't "dislocaRed" my knee, I dislocaTed it. Oops.

Ferris Family said...

surgery to remove the disk will take no time, sometimes it can be done out-patient. You will notice a difference IMMEDIATELY. Of course, I hope PT does the trick.