Thursday, August 02, 2007

Behind the potty training at 20 months

Here's the reason why I'm doing it now even though Loren is still very young. Sometimes she's very interested. Sometimes not. . .I don't want to do this flip-flop thing. If we are going to do it, then let's do it. I just don't want to sit on the potty one week and then the next not. I guess I just want her to have some consistency.

I don't want to be overbearing about it. . .I just think maybe we will do a potty sit every hour (with a prize for peeing or pooing) but do diapers still. I don't know. . .I'm still kind of confused by it. It would be nice to have her out of diapers by time CoCo Bean is born but I don't realistically think that will happen. Besides, I'm not set on it as I think she's too young. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm the trials of being "Mommy" :)

On another note, I have a bachelorette weekend starting tomorrow! Mike is taking Loren and Melinda up to Michigan for the weekend! I am on my own for the weekend! I am having 2 slumber parties! Friday I am having a slumber party with Mom and Saturday I'm having a slumber party with Sheri. . .Sheri the Shiraz and Fre White Zin is on to chill. . . I'm so pumped! Mike is coming back early Sunday and we have a week of no kids (well kind of as this one is kinda attached right now!) bonnie and Bob will be delivering Loren Thursday! We are so excited! I am going to finish my breakfast nook and get the nursery together. . .I promise there will be "before and after" pictures of both.

2 comments:

Ferris Family said...

I'm so excited about Sat night! I haven't been away from kids in over 10 months, it's overdue!!!!!!

Keith and Kathryn said...

Waaaaa! I want to come!