Thursday, June 14, 2007

If you cannot tell :)

If you cannot tell by my lack of posts, I have started my Anatomy and Physiology 2 class. It is a six week summer course on the heart, respiration, blood, vessels, lymphatic system, immune system, digestive system, nutrition/metabolism/body temperature and regulation, Urinary system, fluid/electrolyte, and acid-base balance, reproductive system, and pregnancy and human development. Yes, all of this, plus all lab-work in 6 weeks. I haven't seen the light of day in the last 4 days. It's only been 4 days and it feels like 2 weeks at least! I really miss my girl Loren! In class today, the prof says, "Okay, now don't forget we have an exam on Monday next week. Oh and that Monday we will go over all of the vessels of the body and you have an exam on those, plus the heart, plus the blood on Wednesday." Talk about PRESSURE!

So please say a prayer for our family during this time. Mike has been taking over all of the housework while aunt Mina takes care of Loren all day. Plus Aunt Mina has been going above and beyond for the last week helping Mike out. Poor Mike said to me today, "Honey, don't forget. .. "and I cut him off and said, "Baby, if you want me 'not to forget' something in the next 5 weeks, you had better do it yourself or write me a note" as I bust into tears. See what this poor man has to go through :)

So if you all are wondering why I stupidly have put myself through this for the summer, the answer is this: Our pregnancy and due date kind of put a wrench in my academic plans. If I do not take this class (and pass with a C) by December, I cannot apply to the Sonography program until May of '09. However, If I can get this class finished before December of '07 then I can apply to the program in May of '08. You can only apply in May. Obviously I can't do A and P 2 in the fall with my due date October 28. So, this is my only option. Besides, it's 6 hell-on-earth weeks and then it's done. So, like I said earlier, please pray for our CRAZY family at this time in our lives.

3 comments:

Keith and Kathryn said...

SO glad we're done with the pressures of school! I'll be praying for all of you. Get some coffee and bust your butt for the next few weeks. When it's all over, you'll be glad you did it this way...take it from someone who finished a degree from a hospital bed! :)

Jonathon and Katie said...

Okay, so I missed the whole part of your life when you decided to change careers (which is totally cool, by the way). Whatever happened to teaching?

Rozema Family said...

it was nothing I had hoped it would be. I was very discouraged by my principal, the board, the parents. . .just a lot of disappointment and heartache that I have no desire to EVER return to.