Monday, December 05, 2011

Elf on the Shelf EPIC FAIL - Day 6

Well, this Elf on the Shelf day kind of backfired! The kids wigged out!!!

Let me start by saying that I thought it was hilarious! I found the idea on Pintrest and decided it was the PERFECT joke! Now, the kids had been out until 10:00 the night before doing one of our Christmas Adventures (more on that in a bit) and were sooooo tired!

Zach came in our room and I said, "Zachy what's wrong with your nose?" He went to the bathroom and THREW A FIT! I mean a bloody fit! He was POed at Art Noel. "IT'S NOT FUNNY" he screamed over and over!!! I didn't even get a picture of him because he flipped and scrubbed it off right away!

Lorén had her best friend spend the night and while Zach is having a fit I hear Celia running down the hall. I look at her and see toilet paper in her hand streaming behind her. "Celia, what's going on?" "Mrs Kimberly, I have to go now! Lorén has a bloody nose!!" Oh boy. I got the girls calmed down enough to look in the mirror! Then they thought it was funny. Sigh. . .that one is off the books for next year! Art Noel. . .you should know better!

So I decided to make a Month of Christmas adventures this year to go with our advent calendar. We have had so much fun so far. Each stick has a Christmas adventure...From "Go see Santa" to "Go to Old Town St. Charles" to "Christmas Light Drive" to "Caroling" to "Journey to Bethlehem." I love how people's first question is, "Why do you have Emory boards in the Advent calendar?" :)


No comments: