Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Elf on the Shelf Day 7 - 10

Day 7 - Decorated the tree with Candy Canes

In an effort to appease my sweet daughter who is very disappointed that I didn't put ornaments in the tree (due to a certain Destructo II) Art Noel decorated the tree with Candy Canes.

Let me tell you about the angel in our tree! We've had that angel 10 years now. My parents gave Mike and I the best surprise ever when we came home from our honeymoon! We came home from Cancun on Christmas Eve Eve. Id completely forgotten about Christmas. We came home to our new apartment and Mikee carried me across the threshold. There was a beautiful Christmas tree decorated and lit. This angel was at the top. My parents had broken into our apartment and decorated it for us for our first Christmas together. It was the most amazing and special gift ever! It's funny because every store was out of everything! This angel is actually a lawn ornament that dad broke the stake off of! I just love it for the memory and story it holds. Thank you Mom and Dad for the love and support you've given us the last 10 years!

Day 8 - Letters to Santa! Well Art Noel thought it was a perfect time to write notes to Santa! He left templates in their stockings.





I was so amazed at Lorén's ability to write! She did it by herself asking only how to spell the word "High." The rest she sounded out! In Kindergarten I remember learning my ABC's not writing words like "American". . .Now can anyone tell me what an American High Doll is????

Now Zach's is precious - He wrote most of it himself! It says "3 things he does to be helpful is "Love, Throw away diapers and Make Coffee" and he wants a "Monster Truck, Spiderman Costume, Superman Costume. . ." and then he needed help so daddy wrote a few and then he just resorted to drawing pictures. THEN please notice at the top he wrote "Mom and Dad" because he didn't want Santa to forget us! My baby. . .


Day 9 - ST. NICK'S DAY WHAT?!?
Well, apparently the Blevins kids celebrate St. Nick's day! Celia spent the night and Zach went to the Blevin's house. Well it was time for bed and I see Celia lovingly laying out the shoes by the fireplace. I say, "Celia, what are you doing?" To which she replies, "It's St. Nick's day and he has to fill our shoes tonight." To which I think "OH SHOOT!" I have NOTHING in the house to give . . . nothing. So what does St. Nick give them? Wrapped Pop-Tarts, Gourmet Hot Chocolate, and Wrapped Bananas. Andrea and I had a huge giggle over my lack of preparation :)!



At least they were truly happy with their breakfast gift from St. Nick!

Day 10: If you give a Daddy Elf 3 marshmallows, an Oreo, Sixlets and frosting he'll likely build a . . .

SNOWMAN!

1 comment:

Keith and Kathryn said...

I'm guessing Loren was asking for an American Girl Doll? Maybe? I'm loving watching the adventures of your elf. :)