Loren, Zach and I went to Mid Rivers Mall and my children were playing on the indoor playground. It's all of this rubberized waist-high toys. There is a giant turtle in the middle. Well Loren was sitting behind a girl on the turtle and they were playing so sweet. The girl in front called to her sister to come join them. The sister came over (3 or 4 years old) and Loren helped her up. The sister was now in front of Loren. That little jerk turned around and with two hands shoved poor Loren right off the back of the turtle. I was across the way and said, "Oh my gosh and put down my coffee to go get Loren." I looked at that little _______'s mother to see if she was going to go discipline the turd and she was just looking over there watching them complacently. I know she saw what that monster did. Well, in the meantime, Loren tried to climb back on the turtle and that _______ (insert a choice word) shoved her off the turtle again. THIS TIME THAT MOM SAW AND THAT HORRIBLE EXCUSE FOR A MOTHER DID NOTHING. As I'm now running over there that Loren is sobbing and shaking and telling the girl, "Don't hit me, please don't hit me." I picked up my angel as that girl started to swipe at her. . .BTW THE MOM GOT A LOOK AT THE MURDEROUS LOOK ON MY FACE AND FINALLY GOT OFF HER WHITE TRASH BUTT AND STARTED COMING OVER. I grabbed the monster's hand mid-swipe and yelled very fiercely, "DON'T YOU EVER HIT MY DAUGHTER AGAIN. I WON'T LET ANYONE HURT MY CHILDREN, NOT EVEN YOU." I turned and glared at the mother daring her to say a word to me.
Now look, I know kids act that way. That's just life. . .what I will NOT accept is a mother who won't discipline a child. A mother who just stands by as her little _________ hurts another child. U-N-A-C-C-E-P-T-A-B-L-E! I mean, Zach is a hitter and the minute he hits, I'm on his butt like white-on-rice because my children will learn hitting is not okay.
IF YOU CAN'T TELL, I'M SO LIVID I COULD SPIT. Gosh I wish that woman would have said something because I would have let it ALLLLLL out!!
BE A PARENT OR I WILL.
3 comments:
This is why I have stopped playing at those kinds of places. I'm so sick of my kids getting hurt!!
I'm having flashbacks of Mrs. Rozema-Mrs. Ledford conversations about "those" mothers who acted like Mama Bears. Maybe they weren't so overprotective after all! :)
How many times, as a peds nurse, have I said to a kid,"don't hit your mother," or "don't talk to (me) or (your mother) that way." I've even heard of nurses that have been called an f---ing w--re by a 6-year old, and the mom just giggled.
Post a Comment