So I heard the other day how much **crap** they put into kid's bread. One brand had close to 40 ingredients.. .just to make it pretty!
Normally I just don't care too much :) But today I was feeling like a bad mom. This cold has taken a toll on me and I haven't done much for the kids lately. So I was feeling a bit ambitious today. I made 4 loafs of bread for the kids :)
Anyone who knows my husband will also realize that I will have to hide these homemade loafs from him! He'd eat them in 1 sitting! He's such a bread boy :)
6 comments:
Ooo...yummy! Did you bake the bread the old fashioned way or did you use a bread machine? 4 loaves is pretty impressive! I do like my bread machine but we don't eat the wheat bread if I make it. Very odd. Not sure why. I guess there's nothing like hot white bread w/ a little butter and honey. Enjoy!
Old Fashioned way! Loren helped!
My kids LOOOOVE helping me make bread. I usually make a bunch at once and then freeze it. I have an awesome recipe for oatmeal bread. The kids love it and it is a little healthier. Let me know if you'd like it. :)
We mostly use our bread maker for making cinnamon rolls! I just have one question - what is "kids bread"?
Homemade bread intimidates me, to be honest. Can't say I've ever tried it and failed, but it still seems so time consuming. I wish I were a little braver. I tried yeast rolls once and they didn't turn out quite right. I've made other kinds of breads but traditional yeast bread just scares me! LOL :) Hope you're enjoying!
I absolutely LOVE making homemade bread. I love artisan breads the best...they are so beautiful. If you don't have french bread/baguette pans, I would recommend them to Mike as a present (Valentine's Day??) :) They make your bread turn out so pretty! It must be fun to have a daughter that's old enough to "help." I'm going to have Izzy diving into the dough as soon as she can sit up :)
Post a Comment