Here are some observations from the last week:
1) My daughter has probably told me ***maybe**** 5 times in her LIFE that she's "hungry." In the last week she's told me at least 1 time per day. The first time I heard her say it, I cried.
2) I've never given my daughter a snack because she's never asked for one. I had to teach myself to give my son a snack. . .I'm not used to giving food and it being eaten. Loren has eaten a snack every day this week.
3) My daughter has never willingly come to a meal. She avoids the dinner table like it's a plague. The last week she's excitedly come to the table!!
4) We have fought ever meal for over 3 years. I haven't fought her in a week. She's eaten stroganoff, roast, turkey dinner. . .tonight she eyed my salad and said, "Mom, I need one of your mushrooms!"
5) She's still one of the SLOWEST eaters I've ever met :) But, she's eating, happily, without pressure. . .
Both my Mom and Mike's mom's jaw DROPPED the first time they saw her eat after having this medication in her.
Let this be a lesson to all moms, YOU KNOW BEST AND KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR KIDS!
Anyway, if you're afraid I've completely forgot my son. . .maybe you're right :) Here's how I found Zach the other day. . .too much Christmas :)
5 comments:
That's amazing! It's great to see so much progress in such a short time.
I'm so glad that she is making progress. She looks so happy.
I'm glad Loren is making such progress. What a blessing to not have to worry about mealtime anymore!!! :) Here's to an awesome 2009!
Wow!! It sounds like that was just what she needed! Glad things are improving so quickly. :)
Post a Comment