Oh this isn't going to end well. . .
I went to my NST today and they told me to anticipate the baby being over 10 lbs. . .I see a C-section in my future or a pretty severe episiotomy. Either way, thank GOD I've got family coming to help for a few weeks after baby is born!
4 comments:
Yikes! But remember: Drs have been known to be wrong. I've heard lots of stories of women who were told their babies were going to be huge and they just ended up being big--8 lbs or something. So who knows. And I did have to have a pretty good episitiomy (they rate them 1-4, I believe. Mine was a 3) and it wasn't that big of a deal for me. I just sat on the ice a little longer and took my ibuprofen on a very regular schedule. You'll be okay!!
Yeah I had a 3rd degree episiotomy with Loren. Hurt like a son-of-a-gun! Tucks pads were my favorite thing in the whole wide world!
I agree with Beth, hopefully the Dr. is wrong! We'll keep praying you go early though. Tearing isn't fun, but mine was less the second time around even though my baby was bigger. I never asked you why nursing didn't work out the first time?
Good thing this is your second baby. Since your body has already dealt with giving birth to one, maybe it will have an easier time of adjusting to giving birth to a second, larger baby. Don't let the doctor's freak you out, you don't want to worry while your pushing about something the doctor's could have easily over estimated. I don't have much advice on an episiotomy since I only had small tears...just make sure you have a good supply of Tucks pads in case you need them, especially if they were really helpful when you had Loren.
Wish I could be there to give you a big hug...and to kiss that baby when "he" comes!
Post a Comment