Friday, June 01, 2012

Field Trip Friday!

So I was planning on starting our Summer Memories Calendar next week.  However, an opportunity arouse for us to go on a field trip!  So, I began our "Field Trip Friday" this week.  Zach was "watching" the news this morning as I got the family breakfast and he kept talking about how they were making donuts on TV.  We talked through the process together.  At the 8:00 hour I was able to sit down with my cup of coffee and actually watch the news myself.  Sure enough, there was a segment on because today is National Donut Day.  The shop they were interviewing said, "Bring a canned good and get a free donut."  I looked up the place and it was right down the road from us!  I quickly called and said, "I have 3 kids, if I bring in 3 cans, can they each get a donut and some donut holes for the baby?"  The owner was gracious and kept saying, "YEAH, COME ON DOWN!" 

So being the wonderful mother I am. . .I bribed the children.  "If you want to get donuts today, you must clean toy room!"  I've never seen it get cleaned a) so fast or b) so well!  Their reward: A trip to Old Town Donuts! BTW - The donuts were the size of small plates!  Look at how big it is in the size of Zach's hands.  It was the biggest donut I've ever seen!






No comments: