Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Week 1!!!

So week 1 of my 33 in 33 did not go so great! It was tough as I had SO MUCH to do and SO LITTLE time. However, I did get goals met and things accomplished.

1. Weigh in Wednesday -- Down 3 lbs! Yay!
2. Books read -- Catching Fire (hunger games book 2)
3. Give up Soda - Didn't cheat
4. Give up Chips - Didn't cheat (although I almost requested going to El Mague's for Mexican until I rememberd I couldn't have the chips and salsa. . .then I realized, it's not worth it!)
5. Am setting up my Girlfriends Getaway! A few of us are going to either Nashville or Memphis to do the color run (www.colorrun.com). I'm so excited for that I can hardly wait!!!
6. A week of pictures:
Day 1 - Sprinkler Trampoline
When it's 90 degrees in March, you pull out the sprinkler let the kids jump on the trampoline with water hitting their butts!
Day 2 - The beginnings of a Garden
So Loren tells me she wants a garden. I tell Mike that I refuse unless he gets it off the ground (remember the squirrel?) So I spent the day painting the fence and Mike did phase 1 of the garden. WE both got french fried!
Day 3 - Time for dirt!
It took A LOT of dirt to fill up that box! Zach "helped" Daddy load the wagon, and bring the dirt around back. He wanted to play in the dirt until I told him it was cow poop.
Day 5 - Almost done! Loren had a BLAST picking out plants! There are lettuce, cabbage, yellow squash, cucumbers, zucchini, black heirloom tomatoes, Cherokee purple tomatoes and pink girl tomatoes, red peppers, and red onion. I even found a cool sprinkler. Also, if you look carefully, you will find Juliet from Gnomeo and Juliet. I bought it for Loren as a surprise to stick in her garden. I also bought some nasty animal repellant to spray. It has rotten eggs, blood, and urine in it. I almost PUKED at the smell.
Day 6 - Mike finishing the garden by putting up netting. . .I'm not letting a darn squirrel in this year.
Day 7 - Resurrection Egg
I was so proud of Loren today at her Easter party. The egg she opened had a dice in it. The teacher asked the class why there was a dice in the resurrection story. No one knew. Then Loren raised her hand and said, "When Jesus was on the cross, the guards all rolled dice and the winner got Jesus' robes." I was so proud of my little Bunny!
Here are the rest of the pictures from her Easter Party. It was such a great idea that Mrs. Henning had the party at her house! The kids all got to see where Mrs. H lives! Mrs. H has her house on the market and still was gracious enough to host this party!

Here's the hunt!


Then they did parachute activities!
Loren's Kindergarten class!

1 comment:

DeMaster Family said...

That must be one persistent squirrel!