Saturday, October 15, 2011

Done!

It's finally over and now I get to focus on Loren's party! Having an October, November, December, Christmas schedule is going to get tough over the years!

Zach's party was a huge success! I'm so thankful for Grandparents who ran around crazy getting last-minute items for me, A Godmother who stood around watching presents and cake for an hour and then helped clean up for another hour, friends who selflessly gave face painting, watching (herding) kids and waiting tables. I couldn't have done this without you. Zachary was happy and proud!

The day started off HORRID! Zach ended up puking in Mrs. Andrea's car. I thought we might have to call off the whole party. He was fine though after the one incident. He was most upset that he messed up his Karate uniform. Then I went to go and get the balloons and they weren't ready and wouldn't BE ready until 40 minutes before party time! THEN I came home to grab the Chili and the beans were still hard as rocks and the soup was cold (stupid me forgot to turn on crockpot). THEN it was so windy that I literally had to sit on the table cloths to get them to stay down. . .no one was there to help because I had them chasing all over St. Peters trying to get last minute items! OH MY WORD! But in the end, it turned out wonderfully!

Zachary was very proud of his cake! It makes the HOURS taken to make it totally worth it! AND. . .it was good! What a recipe! Holy Moly! He was so excited to get a Francesco Car!

Zachy had 11 friends come to his party. The kids had a great time getting faces painted (thanks Jaymers) and making craft bags before we headed into Daniels.

Once inside the kids got to play! There was a petting zoo, Haystack Maze, Corn Pits, Tire Swings, Forts, Swings, and Tunnel Slides. The highlight however was the Wagon Train!

At one point Joel Keen says, "Zach, look out we're going to get you!" To which Zach replies, "Don't worry Mr. Joel, it's not dangerous!"


Zach was blessed with so many presents! He got Hi-Ho Cherrio, Candy Land, 10 Matchbox cars (LOVE), a Mario Car, a Batmobile and Batman, A sword and shield, some mini Marvel Heroes, a Gun, a game for his DS and a Spiderman Movie and Lion King. Thank you so much! He was Thrilled! He was opening them so fast I just gave up trying to write down who got him what :) Bad mommy!

The kids all got to pick out a pumpkin before they left. I tell you what, Daniels is THE BEST place EVER to have a Birthday party!

Now, I'm off to bed!

No comments: