Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Snitch, snitch, fell in a ditch. . .

Today I have decided to snitch on my daughter. Lorén. . .the little SNEAK. The last few nights I have gone up to her room only to catch her in bed with her night-light on and a pile of books in her bed. At least she is reading quality literature! Last night she had SEVEN Strawberry Shortcake books in her bed! I can't be too mad at her for a few reasons. . .

1) She's reading! She loves to read! Books are among her favorite toys!
2) A certain woman writing this post repeatedly got caught under the covers with a flashlight and a good book.

I guess I will just have to remind her that there are times for reading and times FOR GETTING SLEEP SO YOU WON'T BE A CRAB AT MOMMY THE NEXT DAY. . .oops, was that out loud?

Now, for my snitching on my daughter part II. The last couple of days I've found something disturbing all around the house. Lorén has decided it is a great form of play to string up her dolls. Yesterday I found Cinderella tied to her dollhouse with a ribbon. Today, I found Sleeping Beauty tethered to the stool. At first I thought her brother-the-pest was doing it. When I asked Zach if he did it, he calmly replied, "No. Na-na tied up hers princesses." I asked Lorén if she had indeed done it. She confirmed it with a "no-duh" attitude. I asked her why and she told me that the princesses didn't want to get wet. Well. . .if that's all it is :)! Phew. I thought I had a Barbie killer on my hands.


Now to snitch on Zach. Okay. It's not necessarily a snitch. It's just adorable! My son loves a book called Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom. If you haven't heard of it. . .where have you been? :) Anyway, I swear I read this book to him at least 2 times a day and recite it to him in the car all ride long. Zachary doesn't even need me to read it to him, he has the whole thing memorized and can "read" it to himself. I love when he gets to "Skit,scat, scoodle, doot, flip, flop, flee" because he says, "Fwip,fwop, fwee." Man that boy can melt his mommy! Now, I will snitch on me. (((((Admission with my head hanging))))) I have hidden Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom countless times. Somehow, that booger-boy still ends up finding it. Oh well. . .this too shall pass. . .right?

1 comment:

Renae in St. Louis said...

Whenever we can't find a flashlight, I look under the kids' beds. Worked for us the other night when I was helped Madeleine pack for a camping trip ... but I won't snitch on the culprit ;^)

Renae
renaej6.xanga.com