Monday, June 29, 2009

I just can't believe it!

Zachary is 20 months old. Today he was sitting at his "computer" (a little vtech thinger) and I hear the computer say, "Find the letter T." Then I hear it say, "That's correct!"

This kind of stunned me so I came to sit down next to Zach. Over the course of 20 minutes he got all of the questions correct. . ."Find the letter ___."

So I thought, okay, he's just matching the letters on the computer to the keys. He doesn't really know his letters at 20 months. So I brought out my letter magnets (the ones I used teaching.) I handed him letter upon letter. "Zach, what letter is this. . ." HE KNEW THEM. ALL OF THEM.

He then put them up on the fridge naming each one. Then he handed me 2 letter "O's" and said, "Momma, 2 'O's'." Are you kidding me? My 20 month old. . .less than two. . .I mean I knew he was smart but. . .this seems really smart.

I video taped it because it seemed pretty unreal to me. If I can ever learn how to put video on this blog, I'll upload it.

P.S. I just love being the dumb jock of our family.

1 comment:

The DeVries' said...

Wow!! You've got a smart little boy on your hands. Way to go Zach!!! :) And you're not the dumb jock, Kimberly!!