Thursday, March 19, 2009

What a Wonderful Day!

Unbelievably I finished that list! Plus I packed 2 lunches, made dinner (a creative dinner at that. . .very Racheal Rayish), stripped-washed-remade beds! It's 7:15 and it's the first time I've sat down today but it sure felt great to get everything done. The kids were so unbelievably sweet and wonderful today. They self-entertained most of the day :)

So here are some pictures of my awesome day. . .


After a Breakfast of Peanut Butter Mush-Mash (Organic Peanut Butter with Apricot Preserves on a whole-wheat mini bagel) the kids sat down to Lorén's new toy. Yes, it is pieces to a Care Bears village. I got it at the Children's Consignment Sale for $4. Now, of course I tried to put my son down to play with some "boy toys" but he would have NONE of that. Whatever Lorén can do, he can do better (wink). In turn, they did play Monster Trucks later :)







My daughter helped my son get his shoes on to go outside. Do you see a problem? Yes, he has an "Elman-noooo" slipper on one foot and Lorén's Princess Tennis shoe on the other. What a little helper I have :)!



I've been so thankful for warm days! I LOVE my deck! I simply open the slider and the kids go in and out at will. My wonderful Father in Law build a gate and stairs off of my deck last year so I can contain them on the deck. Therefore they get sunshine and outdoor play while I get stuff done inside! Lorén loves to play "Night-Night" so she is in her house with her Little Tike's chairs set up like a bed. She is in fact using my nasty backdoor entryway mat as her blanket. Gross . . .but that's what childhood is about - right?



Nap time? I think so! Zach was being really quiet after a while. I went to check on him in the Family Room and found him asleep on Rocka-Rocka (His favorite chair). Sweet boy!



So after naps and baths it was outside again. So much fun to be had! I really enjoy having the house opened up. It does make it a bit more dusty inside though. Oh well, it's worth it. . .



Kitty agrees!



So after Bath #2 (rolling eyes) it was time to snuggle Daddy and watch some Basketball.



"Na-Na" was not interested in Basketball. Her Magnet Dress Up Dolls were more interesting. A side note - I came to play with her and I tried to put a certain pair of pants on her Sydney doll. She said, "NO MOM! Don't put those pants on her, she pee-peed those. They are dirty. You must wash them please." Classic.

** By the way, if you need to get a present for a girl age 3 - 6, get them one of these Magnetic Dress Up Dolls by Melissa and Doug. I first saw it at my High-School best friend's house. Jessie's daughter and mine played for an hour with hers. Lorén has all three. There is even a fire-fighter for Zach when he gets older. Mom's tell me all of the time how much their daughters play with them and how much it reminds the mom of her vinyl or paper dolls when they were little. Just a hint. amazon.com has them.**

So, today was busy. I'm really tired and sore but in a good way. My house is spotless and smells yummy (clean and fresh). I am going to sleep very well tonight I bet :)

1 comment:

Keith and Kathryn said...

I love seeing pictures of your family! Those kiddos are so cute! :) We have two of the dress up dolls and Madelyn LOVES them!