Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Hawaii Pictures

Hi friends and family! Sorry it's been so long. . .for those of you who saw me over Thanksgiving, you know I was knocking death's door. I finally found out I've had strep for over a week. I'm currently on Steroids and Antibiotics.
Soooooo, Hawaii was awesome! We had so much fun! I really enjoyed myself but since Mike worked so much I was lonely and bored. Yeah, I know, "Cry me a River." Mike said it best, "The difference between Paradise and hell is proximity to the ones you love." I truly had a great relaxing time though.
Sunday we went to Pearl Harbor. That was the one thing I wanted to do while I was there! It was amazing! If you ever go, be sure to take the audio tour. At one point they have you look out over the harbor and they play actual audio from the attack. Amazing.
The rest of the days were spent by me on the beach or at the pool. It was awesome because it was sunny, warm and raining all at once! It rocked! I drank plenty of Mia Tia and Swinging Monkeys while reading the WORST BOOK ON THE PLANET: Wuthering Heights. What a crappy rotten book. I hate it. I can't even finish it. Grrrrr.
I did go see the Zoo. I didn't think I would be impressed seeing that St. Louis has one of the best Zoos in the country. However, I was impressed! Here's a story: It was feeding time for the tiger who was 4 feet away from me separated by a flimsy chain linked fence. He was HUNGRY and waiting on the Keeper to feed him. He was pacing back and forth. I wouldn't go near the fence!!! There were tons of tourists taking pictures. Well all of the sudden he stopped pacing and locked eyes with me standing 10 feet away. All of the (closer) tourists turned and looked at me like "What did you do?" It scared the CRAP out of me!
Our favorite "couple" activity was our formal reception on the USS Missouri Battleship on Pearl Harbor. That was FREAKING awesome! Did you know battleships are huge ;)! I was just amazed at the size of it all! Anyway, it was an amazing time!
I also went to see the Iolani Palace and Aquarium. Besides that. . .I was lazy and boring sorry.
Us on the Sweet Potato Hill Lookout.


Me being a DORK overlooking Hawaii from Sweet Potato Hill. Diamond Head is in the background.


All of the Japanese tourists did this in EVERY picture. So i was being dorky before our formal dinner #1.

Mike being more mature than I. You can see our tiny room that cost $250 per night! Eeee Gads. . .Thank you Mike's work!

Mike and his big bullet outside the USS Missouri Battleship.

The big guns that bullet went into on the USS Missouri. On the left is the Arizona Memorial.

Free drinks on the Japanese Surrender deck!

Mikee playing with a Machine gun. . .he was a bit too excited to play with it!

Last sunset!

2 comments:

Keith and Kathryn said...

The tropics must treat you well...you look gorgeous (even when you're acting a little dorky)! :)

Ferris Family said...

Thanks for the pictures! Looks like a beautiful place!!!!
I hope you are feeling better.