Tuesday, September 02, 2008

An Overdue Update

I know it's been a month since I updated our blog! Sadly, not too much has happened in the past month. Nevertheless, we've been super busy!
Waiting for Daddy to get home!

Mike has begun classes yet again! He is so brilliant. He constantly amazes me. On top of his classes he is also a strong leader in our growing church. He is heading up the finance committee and is on the leadership team that will eventually phase into elders. He really enjoys it although it is very time consuming. Around the house he has little projects always going on. Okay, let me phrase that better. . .I always have projects for him to do and he does them for me :)! His new project will be replacing the lights on the front of our house! They are soooo ugly and GOLD. Gag.
Telling Daddy about my day. Daddy rough-housing with his boy!

Loren has grown and changed so much in the last month. Her new favorite phrase is "I CAN DO IT MYSELF." That's starting to get old pretty fast! She is such an outdoorsy girl! If she had her druthers, she'd be outside 24-7. She loves her swing set, sandbox and trampolina. She has begun to really get into pretend play lately. I'll hear her making up some story and it melts me! She's working on her ABC letter recognition. She knows most of them. She is also working on her 1 to 1 counting correlation. That's not so easy :).
Eating her pizza with a ladle. Hey, she's eating!

Ringlets and her "Back-pack"
Loren in Daddy's sweater!

Loren Zach is taking a nap. Do not go in his room. . .too late. . .

Climbing Out

Zach was attacked by the tooth bug this past month. He had to endure 4 new teeth :( Poor guy has been MISERABLE (thus making us miserable in the process. He is walking between objects and is standing on his own for up to a few minutes. He is starting to have an opinion about life too! He'll tell us "No no" when he doesn't want to do something, he'll point to what he wants and try to say a name for it. He says, "Bieeeeee (Bite), Buhbieee (bye-bye), Bu-bu (bottle), No, Moe (more), Mom, Da-da, Dad-dad (granddad), Mama (grandma), and gooo-girrr (good girl)" He too could be outside all day but with him, I have to watch him like a hawk. Every dang thing under the SUN has to go into that child's mouth. Loren was never so oral!! Gag!
My beloved Sippy!

One of my favorite toys. . .the spatula!

If he survives Loren, he'll be able to play for the Bears!

My paci is my friend!!

I had a fantastic month! Robyn Clover came down to visit early in the month! We had a great weekend together! We went to 6 Flags together and were kids all over again! We got "Flash Passes" for the day and we were able to skip to the front of the line. We rode SO MANY rides that way! I was severely sore the next day! Not to mention the headache of being whipped around so much! It was a blast! I also was able to go out for a weekend with mom to Osage Beach (Lake of the Ozarks) and get some Outlet shopping in! It was BLAST to spend an entire weekend alone with mom. We laughed until our sides split! The following weekend we went to MI for 1 day to drop of Loren for her week in Michigan. Mike had his dorm reunion in Chicago that weekend too. So on Sunday we went to Chicago where I spent a day with Jessie (Cozad) Houston and her family. It was so fun! Her son and daughter are almost 6 weeks older than my son and daughter. It's funny how she's called 2X now and said, "I'm 12 weeks pregnant!" and I've gone. . ."yeah, I'm 5 weeks!" Every time she calls now I FREEZE! :) Anyway, it was great to catch up and spend some quality time with her! When we got home on Monday we began the project I've been dying to do since we moved in. . . . . .LOREN'S ROOM! Finally all of that awful purple paint is gone! The ugly stencils have been washed away! Mike and I had a BLAST doing her room! And we were able to do it without it looking like Strawberry Shortcake threw up all over the room :) I just have to brag that I laid the hardwood! It's amazing what you can get done with only 1 kid :)






Well, nap time is up. I'll try to keep more updated throughout September!

6 comments:

Janna said...

I've been thinking about you, so I'm glad you updated! It was so fun to read through what's new in your lives. You've been busy!

I have to tell you I read the pregnancy story (12/5 weeks) three times before I figured out that this was something that happened in the past...not something that was happening in the present. :)

Loren's room looks beautiful!! Did you paint the walls, or are you impressive at laying wallpaper (though I don't know that there is wallpaper out there that looks that cool). The wood floor is gorgeous!

Looking forward to more updates!

The DeVries' said...

Finally, an update :) I LOVE Loren's room! It's so adorable! :) It's like a grown up version of the nursery for our little girl. She's going to love it! Glad to hear things are going well!

Rozema Family said...

OKAY LET ME CLARIFY! I'M NOT NOT NOT PREGNANT AND HAVE NO PLANS TO BE ANY TIME SOON. . .shivers, shivers :)

Janna, I did paint the walls! I just got matte and high gloss of the same color. It was fun to do!

DeMaster Family said...

Yea, you're back! The kids are adorable as always.:) Loren's room looks great! How old is Zach now? I'm impressed with his vocabulary!

Rachel said...

The kids are getting so big!!

Loren's room looks great!! I love it!!

Ferris Family said...

Love the big girl room!