Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Wild Hair!

I am in a renovation mood! I painted my fireplace black to match our entertainment towers (finally) and I'm going to strip wallpaper and paint it Mark Twain Green (a dark sage) and Anthem White. So, I want a yellow room. Here's my question, does anyone have a yellow room in their house? I don't want to have a sunshine room and I don't really want a mustard room. I just wanted to know if you have a color you have used and if you like it?

14 comments:

Keith and Kathryn said...

I guess you could call our living room yellow. It is very very pale. My recommedation is to go with a color that looks almost white on the card. We had a really ugly yellow room when we moved in that I can only guess looked less yellow on the card...either that or the previous owners were crazy! :) Go for the buttery yellows (more green and brown in it) than the true yellows. I'll go look at my paint cans and see if I can find the name. I'll let you know what I find out!

Beth said...

We have a cream that leans yellow--it's called Napery. http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/search/search.do It looks more cream on the site than it actually is. But you're probably looking for something more yellow. Good luck! BTW, why is the post called "Wild Hair"???

Beth said...

Oh yah, we painted a big peice of poster board with the color we liked the best. Then we leaned it against the wall and "lived" with it for a week or two!

Suzanne said...

Hey! Robyn has a really nice yellow in her basement that I also had in my dining room...I LOVE it. My advice is to ask her. :)

Ben and Erin said...

I have a yellow kitchen and a yellow striped dining room. I like both of them. It's cheery, but not overwhelming. I will look up what it is called and get back to you. :) Happy painting!

Ferris Family said...

I love our yellow room, but it might be a little too mustard for you.
It's campsight or something like that.(Behr).

Rozema Family said...

Bethie - wild hair refers to a "not-so-nice" phrase :)

Rozema Family said...

Everyone! Thanks! For those of you getting me your paint names, let me know!! I don't konw what room I'm painting yellow. I've been waatching too much "Moving Up" and I LOVE all the yellow I'm seeing. I think maybe my lower restroom or my laundry room. . .hmmm!

Ferris Family said...

I say paint both a yellow, one a shade lighter/darker than the other, but in the same color family.

The DeVries' said...

We too have a yellow kitchen and nursery...will look up and let you know. I know what you mean...when we moved in our living room looked like it had been egged with all yolks...YUCK!!!

Ben and Erin said...

Kim,
It's Behr paint from Home Depot--Dancing Butterfly is the name.

Rozema Family said...

Sher- good idea.

Jen- Yellow is so personal isn't it! I mean it's so hard to hit on just-the-right shade! If you are off just a bit it looks terrible! That's why I want to steal ideas from other people who've done the work :)

Keith and Kathryn said...

Ours is Evermore (Glidden) Country Cream. :)

Erin said...

I have three different yellows in my house and love them all. However, don't paint the kids' rooms yellow: yellow frustrates children.