Friday, June 21, 2013

I KNOW!

It's been a while.  I know, I know.  I'm SUPER excited for this week coming up though!  I thought I would share what we will be doing this week!

SUPER HERO WEEK!!!

Do you remember this that I made last summer?  This will be the first time I can use it. . .and its almost July!
(ps if you want it, save it and print it as a 12X12 at Costco.  Then take it to Office Depot and have them laminate it.  Viola, a dry-erase activity planner!)

So on Make something Monday we are going to make Super Hero Emblems out of felt.  I found the idea here on pinterest.  Then I just did a google search for Super L, Z, and J images. 
Then I decided to do this SUPER-cute idea from pinterest.  It took a lot of cutting gluing and mod-podging to do but the kids will get a kick out of it!

Tuesday we will go to the Library to get Super Hero books.  I already placed 11 of them on reserve.  I need to find a super-heroish girl book. . .not just Wonder Woman. . .Something where a girl has a super-power.  Any ideas would be appreciated!

On Wednesday we have a lunch Date with Mrs. Andrea.  We decided to do a picnic at our favorite park.  So I thought we could bring Captain America Chocolate Covered Pretzels in Super Hero French-fry Boxes.  
Then on Thursday I thought it would be good for the kids to think about and Thank their Real-life heroes.  I thought it would be good to do a mini brainstorming session with each of them using a spider web diagram (See here for an example).  Maybe I'll have them do 2 each.  We shall see!  I thought it would go easier for Zach if I created a template for him.. . .and honestly Loren has better handwriting with lines given to her.  So here's my template that I created:

Finally Friday we will be going to pick Blueberries with Aunt Lisa!  What do Blueberries have to do with Super Heroes?  Well, they are a Super Food right?  Hey it's as stretch but I thought we could do a quick lesson on why they are a good-for-you food.  Guess what. . .I've never been blueberry picking and I'm a little toooooo excited for it!

Pictures of our Super Week to come!



Graphics used came from Tony's Mama Designs.  I tried to link to give credit and I can't find her site anymore.  If anyone can help me, that'd be lovely :)!  

No comments: