Monday, July 04, 2011

Sum-sum-summer time!

So I really think that my sister in law Kelly is one of the most brilliant people I know! What do you do with a baby while his siblings splash away in their kiddie pool.

Ta da!!!


He was absolutely convinced that he was in the pool with them splashing away! He LOVED it! Why didn't I think of this for my other two! Jax was nice and cool and played for . . . AN HOUR without fussing!!!

I put the kiddie pool on the deck so that I could fold laundry at the table and keep an eye on them. Multi-tasking at its best! Zach and Loren played outside for 2 hours in that pool. The nice thing about our back yard is that it's shaded starting at 11:00 am. Our back yard is always 10 degrees cooler feeling than the front!


I made them freezer pops out of kool-aid. They were disgusting to me but the kids loved them. I remember liking it when I was a kid. Andrea made some out of Ice-cream, raspberries, and a bit of juice. Those were much better in my opinion :)!

Later, Jax needed to be Grandpa's boy so I dressed him in a Detroit Tigers outfit Mike's Dad bought for Zach. I thought he looked so precious in it!!


So I did an entire week of walking 1.5 - 2 miles. It hurt. One time I got home and I literally couldn't bend or flex my ankle because my leg was so sore. It didn't ever swell so that's reassuring! My lungs actually carried me well. I'm hopeful that the clots in my lungs have dissolved or at least dissipated to a negligible amount! Perhaps next week I will attempt some elliptical workouts.

Loren is begging me to go write a Tree-House-Castle book for her. She is simply convinced that Grandpa is going to build her a "St. Louis Tree House with a Flower Box" for her birthday. She has already drawn pictures I am to frame for the house, she has picked out "begonias" to plant and has decided that she will have a tree house themed birthday. Sigh. At least she's stopped demanding and has started asking her grandpa :)! We shall see!

No comments: